Monday, July 13, 2015

Magic Origins Pre-Release Wrapup

Here's a quick summary of me and my daughter's Magic Origins pre-release events:
  • #1 Blue (Me, 2-2): I play a three-color deck that should probably have excluded Blue.
  • #2 Green (My daughter, 1-3): My daughter pilots a Green-White deck that should honestly have been Green-Black.
  • #3 Black (Me, 3-0-1): I win out with a Green-Black deck that has incidental Elf synergies and great creatures at the top of the curve.
  • #4 Red (Me, 2-2): Lack of sleep starts to catch up with me as I create a Red-White deck that I frankly don't remember playing.
  • #5 White (Me, 1-2-1): In my final pre-release, I play a Red-White deck that doesn't have quite enough oomph to beat out bombs.
 Some random memorable moments:
  • Facing down Nissa, Vastwood Seer and Kytheon, Hero of Akros in one game.  They both flipped... but I managed to kill both.  Sadly, by then the game was out of reach.
  • Opening a foil Jace, Vryn's Prodigy.
  • Getting Zendikar's Roil-ed to death.
  • Suffering an attack of conscience after casting Reave Soul on my opponent's Blessed Spirits, leading to the following conversation:
    • Me: "I feel really bad!"
    • Opponent: "Huh? I don't mind.  It's just a removal spell."
    • Me: <startled> "Oh, I don't feel bad for you.  I feel bad for the poor kids I just exorcised."
    • Opponent: <stares>

No comments:

Post a Comment