Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Worthy Sheath

Magic inspires my daughter to do a lot of things that one might expect for a fan of the game: to do math faster, to work on deck construction, to read Uncharted Realms.  One unexpected result?  Wrapper art.

This all started with a guy at the local game store that collects booster pack wrappers (netting upwards of 50 on a good night).  He takes the wrappers and carefully laminates them onto notebook covers, creating really cool notebooks that people love to use for jotting down life totals.  Rumor is that he's working on both a tie and a hat next.

My daughter thought this was just about the coolest thing ever, and so she asked if I could save my extra wrappers.  I agreed, and this is what she came up with:


I have to admit: I'm both impressed and a little jealous at how cool the sword sheath came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment